Edwin H. Shaw Jr. Ph.D. “Mr. Medical Education”, orients a sample of collagen before placing it in an X-ray diffractometer. He joined the staff of the Medical School in 1927, and retired in 1971. His research included the structure of collagen. He was appointed founding chairman in 1946 of the new Department of Biochemistry and was key to instituting a nurses’ training program in the state.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.