Beginning in the fall of 1948, a mobile chest x-ray unit was brought to the University of South Dakota campus. The primary purpose for bringing the x-ray to campus was to detect tuberculosis, but the x-ray pointed out various other conditions as well. This procedure was mandatory for admission and had to be undergone before registration was completed. Dr. R. H. Knapp, dean of student personnel, and Dr. T. E. Eyres, director of student health, were instrumental in developing this program.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.