This photograph documents the June 1957 session of the annual summer school for children with special needs. In 1956, the school was named as the only one of its kind in the United States. The summer school was under the direction of Dr. H. V. Cobb, director of special education activities for the summer session and head of the University’s psychology and philosophy departments. During the session, the children attended classes at Jolley School and lived in the Theta Xi house. They ate their meals at the University dining halls and had arts and crafts in North Hall.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.