Dr. Goodman Retires as SDSM& T Vice President
Dr. James R. Goodman retired July 1 as SDSM& T Vice President for Academic Affairs. After joining SDSM& T in the summer of 1992 as head of the Civil Engineering Department, Goodman was promoted to Vice President for Academic Affairs on September 1, 1993.
As Vice President, he was actively involved in the reorganization of SDSM& T into four interdisciplinary colleges, which took effect July 1, 1994. Some of his achievements and activities while Vice President include the following:
• NCA Review and 10 Year Accreditation ( 1995)
• Articulation Agreement between SDSM& T and Oglala Lakota College
• Articulation Agreement with Chadron State College
• Upper Missouri River Basin Project Started
• Initiated distance learning courses for EROS Data Center
• ABET Accreditation for Industrial Engineering program
• Computer Engineering program approved by Academic Advisory Council
• Continued research in manufactured housing and wood.
��� We owe Jim Goodman a big debt of gratitude for everything he has done for Tech these past five years,” said Dr. Richard Gowen. “ We will miss Jim and Ev and wish them the very best in the years ahead. Even though they are moving to Colorado, they will always be a part of our South Dakota Tech family.”
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
The work from which this copy was made did not include a formal copyright notice. This work may be protected by U. S. copyright law (Title 17, United States Code), which governs reproduction, distribution, public display, and other uses of protected works. Uses may be allowed with permission from the copyright holder, if the copyright on the work has expired, or if the use is fair use or within another legal exemption. The user of this work is responsible for compliance with the law.
Devereaux Library. South Dakota School of Mines and Technology.